Thai Literacy Workshop (Basic Thai Reading and Writing Roadmap)
Time & Location
About The Event
Thai Literacy Workshop by Khun Kruu Noot, WisePolyglot
Date: Sat 13 October 2018 (9.30AM-5.30PM)
Training Venue: LTC Building D, (Near MacPherson MRT)
16 Arumugam Road, Singapore 409961
Thai Language Success Coach: Khun Kruu Noot (Natalie)
Coach's Profile www.linkedin.com/in/natalieguo
Training method: Keynote presentation with multimedia and highly engaging activities
Course Fee: $88, $128, $168, $208 (please see the descriptions below for more detail)
Event Organiser: WisePolyglot Pte Ltd
This Thai Literacy Workshop is designed to share the overview of Thai reading and writing to Thai learners who are not new to speaking Thai but new in reading and writing Thai. The knowledge from this workshop will help you learn how to read and write Thai by yourself more systematically and effectively.
Once you become literate in Thai language, with the ability to read real Thai script materials and text Thai people directly in Thai without having to rely on any transliteration system or romanized Thai, it will be a lot more convenient for you to elevate your Thai language skills to เจ้าของภาษา jâo-kãwng-paa-sãa level (native speaker-like level) with full access to Thai world's reading materials.
Overview of Thai reading and writing system
How to learn and remember these key elements:
42 Initial Consonants and 30 Vowels
8 final Consonant sounds
4 tone marks
How to integrate Thai reading and writing into your daily life
Learning techniques and mindset for success
Thai consonants recognition, reading and writing activities
Thai vowels recognition, reading and writing activities
Thai consonants and vowels game and exercise
The Thai vowels that change its forms - "the 9 transformers"
Unwritten vowels - "the invisible"
Dead syllables - "the killers"
Live syllables - "the life givers"
Tone rules in absence of tone marks
Reading practice of common words without tone marks
Tone rules in presence of tone marks
Reading practice of common words with tone marks
Practical application of Thai reading and writing in real life situation
Special Thai spelling rules (e.g. อ นำ, ห นำ, ร หัน, unwritten ะ, โอะ, 20ไม้ม้วน)
Special exceptions in Thai writing system
Words with tricky to read spellings and reading practice
Reading and writing activities with other workshop participants
Thai reading and writing learning tools
Practical application to apply Thai reading and writing to improve your communication skills
What to expect at WisePolyglot's innovative Thai language workshops :
Reviews from our workshop participants:
www.wisepolyglot.com/events (Reviews are at the bottom of the page)
What are the values that WisePolyglot Innovative Thai language workshops can provide to our participants?
1) A uniquely innovative and highly interactive Thai learning experience by a professional language and mindset coach, Khun Kruu Noot (Coach Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/natalieguo)
2) Conducive and comfortable ambience at our selected professional training venue in a convenient location in Singapore
2) Learning tips, techniques, tools and useful insights for foreign language learning success that are applicable to your personal development aspects as well
3) Our creatively designed learning materials (a course book + appendix) to bring home for revision and to continue your Thai language learning at your own pace
3) Networking opportunities and meeting new friends with common interest in Thai language and culture
4) Certificate of Thai language workshop completion, issued by WisePolyglot pte ltd
5) Lunch and beverage (+ snacks for participation )
6) Complimentary voluntary pre and post workshop coaching support by Khun Kruu Noot
Course Fees and Types of Tickets:
1) VIP ticket at $208
(All **VIP tickets come with a colour-printout course book, choice of seating preference and a VIP coconut juice welcome drink)
2) *Standard ticket at $188
(All *standard tickets come with a black and white-printout course book with a colour cover)
3) Buddy standard ticket at $158
If you are attending this workshop with a friend, please mention your friend's name to enjoy this buddy special rate during the registration process.
4) Economic observer ticket at $128 (subjects to availability)
If you are interested to experience our innovative Thai learning experience with a limited budget, you can opt out the standard course book and certificate that we usually provide and join us on economic observer ticket to just experience how our workshop is like as an observer/audience from one of the back seats with simple black and white handouts with our small presentation sized slides and some papers for you to take notes.
5) Refresher standard ticket at $88 (for the past attendees of our Thai Literacy Workshop only)
(This ticket type is only available to our past participants who have attended the exact same workshop by WisePolyglot before and would like to refresh their memory for revision and more practice on the topics you learned before. This ticket is inclusive of a black and white handouts with our latest edition of Khun Kruu Noot's keynote presentation)
*Early bird discount of $20 is applicable to all ticket types, if you register at least 2 weeks before the workshop date.
*Upgrade any type of standard ticket to a **VIP ticket with $20 more (for a colourful course book with our keynote presentation printed in full-colour for better visual learning experience)
1) Click 'Register Now' button below and key in your registration details
2) Make the payment via one of the these payment options:
A) PayNow to WisePolyglot's UEN "201608171K"
or to HP "81288531"" (Account Name: Kruu Noot for WisePolyglot)
B) PayLah App
Download/use PayLah App to transfer to WisePolyglot' PayLah link:
C) Bank Transfer:
WisePolyglot Pte Ltd
DBS Current Bank Account: 023-905374-2
D) Credit Card/Pay Pal - please purchase ticket via Eventbrite: www.wisepolyglot.eventbrite.sg
(only for VIP tickets with coloured course books option is available on Eventbrite)
Please note that your attendance will only be confirmed upon your registration with payment made.
3) Notify our event manager, Kendray Lau via WhatsApp:+65 97895987 or send a private message to Khun Kruu Noot (www.facebook.com/wisethaicoach) with the your payment details, name and contact number for our payment reference. We will send you an official receipt upon successful payment within 48 hours!
What happens after the registration?
After you have registered for our workshop, you will get to enjoy our daily pre-workshop learning materials delivered to your WhatsApp to help you in integrating Thai language learning into your daily life and get yourself prepared for our one day comprehensive workshop and you also will be invited to be part of our Thai language learning group with all of our past and future workshop participants to learn Thai from one another as the saying goes "Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much more!
No refunds will be made after you have completed the registration process. In the event, that you are unable to make it to the event by unforeseen circumstances, you can contact us to request for credit transfer with valid reasons.
Contact our WisePolyglot team:
Contact Kendray, Event Manager:
Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PM our page: www.facebook.com/wisepolyglotthai
Kendray Lau's WhatsApp: +65 9789 5987
Contact Noot, Thai Language Success Coach:
PM Khun Kruu Noot: www.facebook.com/wisethaicoach
Khun Kruu Noot's WhatsApp: +65 8128 8531